Today I proceeded with the Shapeoko upgrade. Nothing massive, but a lot of small things that took some time anyhow.
- I checked, and where necessary, fastened all screws/bolts.
- I flattened all of the motor shafts to prevent pulley slipping. I haven’t had an issue with that, but since I have access now I figured it couldn’t hurt (picture above).
- I had to re-adjust the eccentric spacers. I found out there was about 1 mm play on all v-wheel couples. Must have loosened over time…
- Took off my beat up spoilboard. I will replace it with one that does not extend beyond my machine’s work area. So I can trim it all the way.
- I added an extra row of threaded inserts at the front of my bed.
- I added some Y-rail dust panels, and finally mounted the mid-span supports I bought a while ago.
- I re-soldered a loose connection on my laser pointer, and added a wire so I can switch it from outside my enclosure.
- I also dusted off most of the hardware, and noticed that a flanged bearing on my Z-axis ACME assembly is completely locked up. So I’ll have to replace that.
More to follow.